Monday, March 7, 2011

Sydney Needs You Lord - Every Hour



Lord, I am super sad for my girls. Those two precious sweet things that I nannied for over the summer...their parents and dog too...I love them so much. It makes me want to cry after visiting them today. You see, little Sydney was diagnosed with lukemia a few months ago. Have been praying for her ever since, and her family too. Yet not as much as I should be praying. SO many incredible stories already of how God is working in their lives! I want to witness to them so very much. They are catholic, not sure if they are truly saved or not. Hard to know when they are so ritualistic about religion. I really wanna know more about catholics and what they believe. Italy talks about it a lot, and it sparks my interest as well.

Prone to wander Lord I feel my heart is. Prone to leave you Lord - whom I love!

I want for little Sydney to be well. To not be sick. I want her family to not have to see her going through such a hard time. I want to be able to help! I hadn't been able to visit since Christmas. I missed them so much.
Its hard seeing little Sydney not herself. She is the most hyper little 4 yr old you ever did meet. Quite the character. Boy Oh Boy could I tell you stories. After recieving her 1st communion and asked by her mother what it felt like having Jesus so close, Sydney's response was: "well frankly mom, Jesus felt a little dry." BAH HA! It is only funny cause I know she does understand what communion is. As much as can be expected from one so young.
She is responding well to the kemo (how do you SPELL that?) After a spritual encounter with what her mother thinks was angel, the next day the doctors found no more cancer cells in her blood. Praise God!! So now they are just using intense stuff to rid it from the marrow. :\
She is remaining positive through it all! "Kick it in the butt!" she says as her mother hands me a bag full of rubber braclets to pass out in rememberance to pray. "For sure!" I respond with a smile.
Sigh.
I wish there was something more I could do...
I love them so much and have faith she shall beat this cancer and LIVE! No doubts in my mind about that. It is just hard to see my second family going through so much hardship and struggle. I know how it is. Not with cancer personally, but quite the similar health stresses. Its hard. It hurts. And I wanna cry. But I remember that God is with them and shall help them gain the victory! We need you Lord to be with little Syndey and her fam. Comfort them that all is well. Bless them with your peace and courage that they SHALL make it through! The end is not so afar off....

Psalm 31:9
Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Acts 3:16
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see

May we say that faith in our savior Jesus Christ has made her well! He is our Jehovah-Rapha.

No comments:

Post a Comment