Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sir Laugh-A-Lot

 So Ted's friend Mt Dew came over today. He is loud, obnoxious, and an awesome friend to Ted. I am glad he has him. Anyways, he started telling jokes today after they were done watching the NASCAR race. The jokes were HILARIOUS!!!!!! Seriously, this dude could be a comedian. Or youth pastor. Either or, yah know. LOL. So I shall attempt to retell one, though it isn't as funny as in person when you can make it all dramatic. Here goes. . .

One day it was getting particularly crowded in heaven, so God decided to only let in anyone who had a REALLY bad day when they died. Peter stood at the gate as usual, asking each person to step forward and explain what happened when they died.

Peter said to the first man to come to the gate, "Tell me about the day you died."
"OK, so it was really awful! I heard my wife was having an affair, so I came home from work early to catch her in the act. I searched all around my apartment, but could find no one! So I went out onto the balcony (I live on the 25th floor you see) and there was a man hanging off the edge!"
"I went back inside, promptly grabbing a hammer, and returned to crush the tips of his fingers. He fell, but into some bushes. So I took my fridge and pushed it over the edge of the balcony. It landed on top of him, crushing him. The shock from pushing the fridge gave me a heart attack, and I died."

Peter admitted that was quite the bad day, so he let the man into heaven.
Peter asked the second man,"how was the day you died?"
"Oh it was horrible!" the man said,  "I was doing aerobics on my 26th floor apartment balcony when I twisted my ankle and fell! Fortunately, I was able to catch hold of the balcony below. But then some idiot came out and started hitting my hands with a hammer!! I couldn't hold on, so I fell (luckily there were some bushes below) only to have a fridge fall on top of me! It crushed me and I died."

Peter laughed quietly to himself thinking, "Wow, I could really start to like my job!" He let this man in too.
He continued by asking the third man, "How did you die?"
The man replied, "Picture this...I was naked. Hiding inside a refridgerator..."

BAH HAHA!!

Totally pulling this out of context but...
Gen. 21:6
“God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.”
Psalm 37:13
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment