Saturday, December 18, 2010

What Can Man Do To Me?

Psalm 56:11
in God I trust and am not afraid. What can man do to me?

Well actually, the answer to that questions is...a LOT.
Friends are fickle. They move away and forget about you. They make new friends. They get boyfriends and you get replaced. Which I guess makes sense, cause it sounds cuter to say you are dating your best friend and fell in love with your best friend. Not only that, but it kinda should be that way. Your souls are thereby connected in marriage, so you are basically one person. Bestest friends.

Just makes those of us who were previously considered your best friend feel...well...a little left out.
SO now it got me to thinking about trust issues. I don't know if I have trust issues, but I know a lot of people do. So maybe it is because people ARE so fickle! "You cannot trust a friend to be your friend forever." A sad quote, but rather true.

I wonder....

We can always trust God! That is not even a question. Maybe though, that is why people have such a hard time trusting God and knowing that He can be trusted! Because we have no tangilbe example here on earth of true faithfulness. Jesus was that example, but we see him not now. We can read about him, but somehow that doesn't seem like enough.
We want to rely on others here in the world becuase that is what everyone does. People are all around us, and it is just the natural thing to rely on them for everything. To depend on them to be there. We do it without even realizing it. We have expectations for people even when we think we require nothing of them. Those presuppositions are there. . .

I don't know what else to say on the matter. I am still figuring it out myself. It truly hurts when friends shun you and just generally forget about you or don't appear to care. Mostly they don't realize it and do still care about you (or so they say so), but actions for me speak much louder than words. Another statement that digs deep to the heart during times like this. But it is so true. Words are fickle just as much as people. After all, it is the people who say these fickle words. But actions show the true heart behind the matter. Time is big for me. Time and actions prove all.

Have you ever taken one of those tests that tell you what your primary love language is? At the age of adulthood if you haven't than you probably already know what yours are. But it is a neat tool to see if you have guessed right. If you "know" yourself. LOL. Mine is quality time and acts of service. Just goes to show how much more I believe in the actions speak louder than words dealy...

SO yeah, that is all I have to say on the matter. Any stories or thoughts to add my friends?

Blessings to you all, I love you dearly and shall try to be a faithful friend.

Psalm 31:14
But I trust in you, LORD; I say, “You are my God.”
__________________________________________________________________________
Quote made tonight by a friend...

Life is like dancing,
as long as you are confident you will do fine.
I likes it. (We went to see Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader together with our old homeschool group. Good times!! :D Made me happy to see all their lovely faces again, though we don't all talk as much as we used to.

1 comment: