Saturday, December 11, 2010

Know When To Have Fun!

Studying chemistry for 5 hours straight? Check.
TeeHee walked by me today, we had a mini conversation with only eye and facial expressions. Quite clever now that I think about it. Though I could understand her she probably could not understand me. I can be monotone with expressions. LOL.

Went to the BarlowGirl concert with Germany. Was such fun! OK, so they say today was the rival snowstorm of '98? I think that is the right year. Dunno. I woke up this morning and thought my eyes were just really foggy! I could hardly see the trees below our window on the 3rd floor! And there is now around 15 inches of snow piled up on our window sill. Yikes. I hear MOA even closed early! Shuttles were not running, and the advice was to stay indoors. But did we listen? NOPE! We had tickets to see BarlowGirl, and I was not going to give them up when I just bought them yesterday. :)

SO after tromping out to Germany's car, we tromped BACK inside to borrow 2 shovels to dig out the 3 feet of snow that was blocking us in. Returned the shovels and headed out, only to get stuck not 5 feet from the entrance gate! EEK! Most people would have said to turn back, but we ignored common sense and ventured on. It took us over an hour to get there, but not because of the unplowed roads. We took a couple wrong turns you see, and knew not where we were headed. LOL.

After arriving at the concert an hour late and being famished (all the fast food places were closed! (their lots were clogged with snow) we walked around and got some animal crackers from a remote vending machine. I am so glad Germany is good with getting back the way we came! Haha.
So we only got to listen to the speaker and BarlowGirl, missed out on the other bands and musicians. But we came to see BarlowGirl anyways. Disapointed a little that they sang mostly Christmas songs, I wanted to hear their originals! After some hilarious banter between the sisters and a fail of an interactive 12 days of Christmas song, the concert spontaneously turned into a worship service. I don't know if Germany liked it, but it was just what I needed. WOW has God been good to me! Whenever I have been getting these deep hurting pangs in my heart that something is terribly wrong and start to get very depressed, God knows what I need to cheer up. Tonight it was some adventure in the snow drifts with a friend, and God directly ministering to me through the concert. How those women knew I needed time of prayer and passionate God seeking I know not, but I do thank my savior for bringing that to their attention. Whether it was just for me or others, I thank Him. Isn't he just the best?! He totally is.

So after that supernatural experience, I forgoed the urge to get a poster or t-shirt and we left. Haha, thankfully our car was not towed...we parked in not a parking space in the lot. LOL.
Since all the food places were closed we went to target and got a cheese, meat, and cracker party tray. I suggested we sit in the dark Starbucks area and eat. It was 15 minutes before close and quite hilarious. My fav was when we were picking out what to buy, an employee walked by and was quite taken aback, asking if I was ok. As if I looked sick? LOL!!! Most hilarious encounter of the day.
So then we drove back home with far less problems than we had getting there, and now I am finished applying for scholarships and strangely hyper and thirsty from the salty dinner. :) Very happy though and wanting someone to talk to. Whom might I find at 2 in the morning? JESUS, my bestie. <3

Good night my friends...or should I say Good Morn? :)
Have a happy Sunday, finals are upon us!
4 days.

Quote from a friend: Move on, it is just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page.

Philippians 3:13-14

13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment