Saturday, December 11, 2010

Keep Holding On

I awoke this morning to find a text on my phone from my mom. She sends lenghty ones (much like me!) and it was super encouraging! It was also encouraging to think that not only was she thinking of me, but perhaps she is seeking after God more than before to be so in tune with Him that He would let her know that I really was depressed and needed the strengthening today!
Here is what it said...
"Good Morning. Thinking again about you so here it is: Neh. 8:10. God is saying laugh at the devil because the enemy has no right to even have the idea of victory over God's child - you. Rise up and take authority, the victory IS YOURS but the battle belongs to the Lord! He always wins and He is in you so you get to in too. :) Make your confession out of great hope (expectation) and faith that God is on your side. Don't confess out of desperation.
Ps. 68:1-3, Heb. 11:1, Ps. 9:1-3"

Isn't that just the sweetest and most amazing long text? :) God knows what you need. Ask Him to give you joy and strength as we embark on this finals journey together...

Also, last night I was reading my devo book and the passage was about speaking to yourself instead of listening to yourself. TOTALLY what God has been teaching and showing me these past few days!! That I need to not listen to my negative self, but teach myself and speak the ways of the Lord to myself. It is not others job to get you out of depression. Nope, you gotta do that yourself. God is so so good! He knows what you need to hear. I love you my Jesus!


Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Psalm 68:1-3
May God arise, may his enemies be scattered;
   may his foes flee before him.
2 May you blow them away like smoke—
   as wax melts before the fire,
   may the wicked perish before God.
3 But may the righteous be glad
   and rejoice before God;
   may they be happy and joyful

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.


Psalm 9:1-3
I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
   I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
   I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

 3 My enemies turn back;
   they stumble and perish before you.

Remember to give thanks and to praise God through this difficult and stressful time. It does not have to be stressful when we are filled with the joy of Jesus!! :D
Praying for your strength and joy this week my friends. May you be blessed with smiles and laughter from Jesus our king!

Listen to this song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gcrx2Ab0FM

Together we stand. God is by your side. He has your hand. He won't give in or give up on you, just keep holding on! We shall make it through this week. Just stay strong! He is here for you. Nothing you can say or do will change that, for the truth is He will never leave you or forsake you.

Now go and hit those books, knowing that Jesus is the best study p
artner of all!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Zoe :)

    this blog was super encouraging to me and is very much helping me get through finals week right now.
    Praying for you always :)

    ♥ Your NWC buddy (Yes, I just started a blog, it's a work in progress, just like us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy! i read your first few posts... :)

    ReplyDelete