Saturday, November 13, 2010

Plastic Oranges and Turkish Delight

NOTE: If you are wondering why this has such poor grammar, I have edited a total of 3 papers in the past week for friends of mine...so I feel it is time to use some terrible grammar to make up for all that I corrected into good stuff... Meh, I need to learn how to say NO and do my own homework...yeah. :p

This weekend has been very good for me in releaving stress. I had a majorly fun study party with my core group of friends here at NWC, just the 4 of us. Super fun! We did get yelled at for being to noisy though. It was past quiet hours in the hall, and apparently the end lounge counts too. So we woke some girl up and she was crabby at us. I felt bad after and then we quieted down. But before that we were having a dance party, ran down to the cafe to get smoothies, skipped down the hall, threw plastic oranges at each other (randomly they were sitting in a basket by the couches!!) ate grapes, and just generally got hyper.
 I think TeeHee and my music war was what the final straw was in getting us yelled at. Oops. It was great times while it lasted though! I feel I did prepare well enough for the major OT exam, even with the distractions. Up til one, awake at 7, yeah 6 hrs of sleep baby! :D Though it is best to get 4 1/2 hours of sleep, 6 hours of sleep, or 10 hours of sleep because of the REM cycle patterns. If you wake up before one is complete you will be very tired. I don't know the details of it, but it is very interesting...

I finished up the last bit of homework that was due Friday night after I got back from the choir concert. That was really good! If you have never heard a rendition of Eric Whitacre's Animal Crackers song, well, you need too. Super hilarious!! :D Went there with my softball girl, that was fun.

I had gotten a call spontaneously from Katana late Friday afternoon! She had the night off of work and wanted to stay over! I felt so special that I was the first she thought to ask. :) She did end up getting here, later than we expected, but boy oh boy did we have a BLAST!!!!!

So let me try and remember it all in order...
After arriving, we hauled up her stuff and passed by the group of guys that previously was running through the girl's halls and pounding on doors. They gave a couple strange looks (though Katana said not that strange, I thought they were) and laughed at us. haha! Mostly on a Friday night college students are moving OUT instead of IN. We like to break the mold. Katana showed me her special book that she is working on writing. What a talented aspiring author she is! I am very excited to see the final outcome. It is gonna be good!
Our Narnia party then started, and we tried some of her Turkish Delight. It is the TRUE and REAL stuff which is just very very DELICIOUS! Jelly candy covered with powdered sugar. Mmmmazing!
We built a blanket fort with the numerous blankets she brought, my hair clips, a table we found in the closet, a paper clip, some rubber bands, and an ethernet cable. It was very epic and spanned almost the entire room!!
I then decided we needed something to eat, however after walking down to the cafe we found it closed. Lame.

Then the adventure began....

You see, I did not have any food because our fridge is broken. I had just gone shopping on Wednesday and bought a TON of stuff. Yet I had not opened the fridge since my Thursday night study party. When I did finally look for food that night it was late, around 11pm, and a smell of sour milk and beans flooded me out of the small compartment. ICK! So long and frustrating story short, I now had no food for the weekend. Grr.
Katana to the rescue! She suggested we make a gormet Asian meal. After donning our coats and grabbing the GPS, we headed off to Target. Only as it turns out, they close at 11pm. Grr. So we back-tracked to Cub and got some stuffs for it. Leeks, ginger, meat, soy sauce, rice, and don't forget the chopsticks! Yum! PDA and bored employees made the trip slightly amusing. After bagging our prizes, we passed the exit and found it was snowing! Heavily! The first snow of the year! Mixed feelings about that. haha.

So we applied our mad chef skills to the task of our delish gourmet midnight meal. I was delayed by the lack of owning a large enough pan to cook the rice in, until I grabbed on from the girl next door. Just so happens that she came with it! Haha! So the threesome of us had fun taking pics and taking over an hour to make our meal. By the time it was finished we had half filled up on carrots and cookies from our deep hunger, but it proved just as delish as expected! Cozying up in our blanket fort, we then proceeded to eat and drink tea while watching Narnia: Prince Caspian. We all fell asleep, only to wake up halfway though and finally sleepwalking to bed at 4am.

Katana woke me up early (7am?) and dragged me out of bed to look at the snow! It was near 5 inches deep already and coated the trees in beauteous wonder. We remarked at how a particular tree was a perfect example of Narnia because it was dropping the rest of its orange leaves on top of the snow as if the season had changed drastically. Which it did! :D Went back to bed only to roll out of bed later and make similar remarks about the unexpected snowfall. Ate turkish delight and lucky charms (yay for college food?!) while watching an anime. Then we donned snow gear to made the trek through near 6 inches of snow to drag Katana's stuff back to her truck. By the time we got there we were very very wet and white.

I made a snowman while Katana wiped off her green truck, and then we hurried back to get warm again. We didn't have much time left to stalk her friend who didn't know she was visiting, because the icky slushy weather caused her to have to leave early for work. But we did manage to go on yet another Narnia adventure in the pretty snow covered woods. I lent her a pair of warm socks, and her jacket was rather soaked by the time she left... it was que fun!! I was sad to see her go, but glad that she did get home safely. I greatly enjoy my time off of school. I honestly did not think of homework once when I was with her! She was such a great stress reliever. :) I only wish she could stay with me forever and ever...

God has blessed me with such amazing friends. It makes me cry to think how good He is to me!! What an amazing savior, and what an amazing day...

Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

1 comment:

  1. Katana is really blessed to have a friend like you. I am so glad that you guys got to "go to Narnia". It sounds like a blast :D

    ReplyDelete