Saturday, November 27, 2010

BLACK Friday!

A rather boring title for such a fun day!

So thankgiving evening my Daddy drove me to Katana's house (it is quite inconvenient to not have your own car! but I work with it). While parents chatted in the doorway, we spontaneously wrestled on the floor and ate dark chocolate covered ginger. Yum! Then we finished watching Clash of the Titans (i had seen it before, a pretty decent movie!) and headed to bed. Our plans to sleep lots so we would be well rested failed however, due to some much needed chat time in the dark to catch up on life. :)

We finally fell asleep around 12:30ish, only to get less than 3 hrs of sleep. You see, we had to wake up at 3am to get the deals! Though we didn't exactly research the opening times or doorbusters, so by the time we arrived at Kohls they were already open. That is alright though, cause we were satisfied with the Mcdonalds breakfast we bought. Anxious to get inside and start the hectic shopping, we left the egg sandwiches in the car and again braved the 5 degree weather to get inside. BUURRRR!!!!

The two of us wandered for a little while, Katana found a few things, then we picked a line. An hour and a half later we reached the register! During that time we picked up a few extra things, chatted with the nice lady standing in front of us, and discovered there are a lot of different types of meat thermometers! LOL
Tired and starving, we went to Caribu and warmed ourselves up while planning the rest of the itinerary. Wal-Mart, Target, home.

Got the sweetest deals at wal-mart! Though there was a highly creepy old man who was staring at Katana in the electronics department. *shudders*
Haha, we tried to go into Savers to see if they had any deals. Trying the door and finding it locked, we remembered it was only 7:30am. Felt like 4pm!! Crazyness.
Deals were abundant at Target, and I was evil and made Katana try on a ton of clothes. She fell in love with them, which resulted in her spending a lot more than planned. Oops. BUT SHE HAS CUTE CLOTHES NOW! ;D hehe Myself got a jacket and dress. *happy times*

This was the first time I had ever gone black friday shopping! I was amazed at the crowds and glad to be with someone who was a pro at this...

We ate a nice lunch - thanksgiving leftovers - and I failed at keeping Katana from making herself sick with eating to many nerds. :p
She played Sims while I knitted because we were both too hyper to take a nap (very hyperactive activities we participated in though right? LOL), and wasted more time wresting over my phone, haha!

Then it was finally time to go to MOA (in case you don't know what it is, that is Minnesotan talk for the most incredibly big and busy mall of america ;) and meet our senior class for some bell ringing at the red kettles! We arrived early enough to speed down and purchase Katana's favorite drink - bubble tea! I had never tried it and do not particularily like green tea or squishy black tapiocia, but it was actually really really good! :D

I was disappointed when only 3 others showed up, and slightly depressed afterwards that our group is breaking apart.... :'(    ...I need us to stay friends!!!!
I ruffled one guys feathers because I split him and his girlfriend up.. But I felt only partly guilty, because I was being selfish and wanted to talk with Ruth. She goes to college in Chicago you see, and I hadn't seen her since August!! I had much fun belting out christmas carols in the skyway and torturing the fellow shoppers with my horrendous singing voice (i am not a liar, i do NOT know how to sing. :p its embarrassing...) I only knew the lyrics to about 5 carols, and was made fun of by Fluffy Feathers because I didn't know Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Whateves.

So the twosome had to leave early to meet the family for dinner, and the other lameo boy didn't wanna be stuck with us too amazing girls, so he left as well. Katana and I braved through the last hour, which froze off our toes so we could not walk properly to shop afterwards. Because of that and the lack of sleep we did not stay much longer to shop, only stopped at one store to get a couple last gifts before heading home, dancing all the way to stay alert to drive! *throw your hands up in the air!* haha, the general line from every secular song on the radio...

Katana generously drove me home, and that was the end to a very very exhaustively long but FUN day. I don't think I have quite recovered from the lack of sleep yet, and have a paper to edit for a friend. So I shall bid you farewell and leave you with this thought...

Why do we celebrate Christmas with so much consumerism/materialism? Besides that, Jesus was born in the spring!!
(more on that later...see if you can discover the answer!)
Good Night my good friends, sleep well and be blessed. <3


“Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.” - 1 Chronicles 16:8

1 comment: