Friday, October 29, 2010

Bleh.

A lot has been going on this past week with school and friends and such. It has been almost MORE stressful than mid-terms week. All because of this awful speech situation. My prof said I had to go on Thursday instead of next Tuesday (which would have given me the weekend to figure it all out) and so I was freaking out on Wednesday, then finally decided to take the grade dock and not be prepared. Well, turns out my prayer (and others who were praying the same for me) was answered in that he had a change of heart and is letting me go on Tuesday as scheduled! Gah, stress.

 I made an unexpected friend at campus. Mr. Rinehart is the director of campus facilities, and also an avid recycler. I do not think anyone could be as freaky about recycling as myself, but I like that he cares so much to have a recycling program here! So the interview with that went very well, and I am thinking about starting a green machine club sometime in the spring semester...or whenever club day hits again. Should be cool! I like planning stuff, so I am sure I can fit it into my schedule...along with the numerous hours of study time and job searching. Bleh.

So I am home for the weekend, needing to work on my speech, and contemplating all that is going on in friend's lives and how I can help them. My chem lab prof had to go in for emergency eye surgery yesterday! While everyone else was cheering for no lab, I was thinking, "OH NOOOO!!!!" How horrible. Needles in the eye = not fun. So let me see, what else major has happened in the last week? I saw an amazing play called the Children of Eden. It is about the downfall of man and then jumps to the Noah account in the second half. Though not a perfectly accurate depiction of the Bible stories, it made me cry. I didn't even notice I was til partway though...Eve questioning God's wisdom and authority...going behind His back...making Adam choose between God and her...quite the cause of sorrow I say. My friend Link is so intellectual about everything...she never cries. She laughed that I cried. But I wish I was a deep thinker like that! Perhaps I can learn someday.
Meh. :\

But anyhow, choose against going to ValleyScare for multiple reasons...it is weird that when you are away from your family and get to make your own choices, how many of those choices resemble those that you rebelled against when your parents always said no.
If none of this is making sense to you, well don't expect it too. I have gotten about 6 hrs of sleep (or less) each night for the past 2 weeks (or more) and it is greatly depriving me of focus and proper grammar skills at the moment. So I shall say goodnight to you my friends, sleep well, and sweet dreams to you.
Dreams. They can be scary thoughts in itself....
Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment